Saturday, February 4, 2012

Friendship Wrap Bracelet Revisited

Do you remember Spring Break, circa 1992?  Let me refresh your memory, you were considered one of the cool girls if you came back tanned to a bronze and with some brightly colored string woven around a tiny braid in your long hair.  Today I revisited this concept but as a bracelet and hopefully with a 2012 edge!  This was fun and surprisingly easy.  How I ever learned to make friendship bracelets as a kid without YouTube is beyond me!  I found this little gem of a video yesterday, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gs2mzaR2vk&feature=related. I used four strands of waxed linen for the inside pieces instead of the braided yarn this video suggested and it worked great.  It gives the bracelet a nice little rigidity as a bonus.  The clasp is a tinier version of some nest pendants that I had created a few years ago.  And of course in keeping with my tassel obsession I just left some of the excess fringe.  A unique look for sure!  I think it would be cool to do a really long version of this that wraps around five times and incorporates more colors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment