Thursday, May 24, 2012

Blog Crush: Meet Inslee Haynes!

I have a new blog crush.  I am not ashamed to say that I am totally smitten with Inslee Haynes and her Sketch Book blog!  I started reading her blog a couple of weeks ago and could not stop reading until I had consumed all 300+ entries!  This woman does the sweetest, most beautiful fashion illustrations.  And her passion for her work and how she arrives at her content is very endearing.  Her "little ladies" as I call them are quickly becoming an inspiration for my jewelry creations.  The night I finished reading her three-year-volume-of-postings I found myself standing in front of my closet saying, "what could I wear tomorrow that Inslee Haynes would find interesting and worthy of a sketch?"  As if it was not already nutty enough that I am having this thought process, I actually answered the question..."I should wear neutrals with a pop of color and an Arm Festival!"  (A direct reference to this post.)  And that is what I did.  White skinnies, a gray tank top and a bright salmon colored summer scarf and this super fun "Arm Festival".  All but the studded bracelet are my own creations.  Thanks to my co-worker, Katherine, for some great pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment